Alongside my consulting work, I write, speak, and share my experience on managing and the workplace. (I often have a side project. Some side projects become services!) And, when I do, I try to remember to update this page.
- I’m currently soft launching Painless Reviews, a site with services managers can use to improve your working relationships. And your own engagement with performance reviews. Check it.
- This fall, I launched a beta test for my learning tool. Almost 50 emerging managers signed up to the test, which is ongoing. Click here for more info, or to sign up for updates.
- In the summer, I prototyped a learning tool for emerging managers.
- This summer, I wrapped up a session of my #Management Intensive, on site in a NYC startup.
- In the Spring, I launched “This Call is Now Being Recorded,” an audio segment for my monthly newsletter. Since then, Ashley Milne-Tyte, Monica McGrath, Gary Chou, Frank Tortorello, Jr., Juliette Austin, Ida C. Benedetto, Mike Ma and Ana Milicevic have all joined me in conversation. (Subscribe here.)
- In March, I hosted Family-ing While at Work: Real Talk for Humans Who Work.
- In January, my monthly newsletter evolved to V2.0: On Management: Reading, Ampersand. If you ruminate about managing people, join me here.
- November, 2015, I launched Movies About Work, a sporadic film series at Orbital, featuring films with stories that illuminate our workplace endeavors and challenges.
- In Fall of 2015, I launched a monthly email. Each month, I spotlight a resource from my #Management Intensive syllabus, as well as something I’m Now Reading. Sign up here.
- In late Summer/early Fall, 2015, I led a custom version of my #Management Intensive for a group of emerging managers on site at a client in NYC.
- In June, 2015, I published Don’t Fear the Performance Review: A Guide for Emerging Managers. You can get the current “edition” here.
- In the Spring of 2015, I ran an open-enrollment cohort of my #Management Intensive in NYC, at Orbital. (Contact me to be notified when I open enrollment for the next public cohort.)
- In January, 2015, I published Effective 1:1 Meetings: A Template for Emerging Managers. You can get the current “edition” here.
- in January, 2015: Port Your Developer Skills to Human Skills, a talk on programmers as emerging managers at BrooklynJS. Slides are here, and a narrated slide show is here!
- Setting Goals/Accountability, custom client workshop, December 2014
- My Summer, 2014 project, Summer in the City, gathered a group of C-level and HR leaders in closely-held companies for intimate lunches, along with focused discussion of key management topics: setting goals and giving feedback.
- In May, 2014, I was on HuffPost Live’s Thrive on Live, with Caroline Modaressy-Tehrani, on a segment called Managing People Doesn’t Have To Be So Terrible. (Spoiler alert: of course it doesn’t!)
- Creating a Useful, Friendly Year-End Performance Review, custom client workshops, November, 2013.
- Janet Choi interviewed me about managing people for the iDonethis newsletter in September, 2013. Sign up here for more from iDonethis.
- Women Innovate Mobile posted a Q&A with me in March, 2013, as part of their series The Mentor in the Room. (This was reposted at AlleyWatch.)
- Winter, 2013, Amy Gross and I offered Stress Reduction in the Workplace, a 6 week course based in mindfulness meditation, at the Manhattan JCC,
2012 and earlier…
- For Switch, a career-change blog for military service members, I contributed a guest post on exploring a firm’s culture during the job-search process. Here’s Part 1, and here’s Part 2. (As a civilian, and daughter of a veteran, I feel honored to have participated in this project.)
- Feedback: Art, Craft and Practice at General Assembly‘s NYC campus on November 5, 2012
- Building Culture, a webinar for Startup America members on September 19, 2012
- Required Reading over at General Assembly’s blog
- Management Lessons I Learned From a Road Trip, on setting goals, at The Daily Muse
- Fast Track Your Management Education, for first time managers, at The Daily Muse
- Managing Startup Teams, at General Assembly – and I also covered a lot of the same ground in a workshop for the WIM Accelerator startups. Stacy-Marie Ishmael wrote about this class at her Galavant Media outpost. Thanks, Stacy!
- How to Be A Hiring Superstar, a workshop for the Women in Wireless Educational Series.
- When Hiring, Preparation Evens the Odds, for the Women in Wireless blog
- Stand Out For Success: The Secrets of Self Promotion, at The Daily Muse
- Defining and Developing Personal Leadership, a custom workshop for a client
- Fundamentals of Feedback, a custom workshop for a client
- A report I wrote in early 2011 on the Wharton Women in Business Alumnae Conference for the Wharton Leadership Digest apparently didn’t survive a website update; Wharton’s web archive for the digest only goes back to 2013. Thank you, Internet Archive Wayback machine.